12.27.2013

I LOVE People.

Wow.  I cannot believe it's been so long since I last updated my blog.  I don't think I've ever gone this long.  But then again, I've never had so many things going on at once.  I need to make more time to write about what's going on in our lives!  Anyways, I had something happen this morning that I felt the urge to write down.  It really changed my whole mood the rest of the day!

Jared and I were on a way to an appointment this morning and we decided to stop at Starbucks on the way there.  When we pulled up to the window to pay, the nice man told us that the car in front of us had paid for our order.  Whaaat?!  Really?!  I honestly couldn't believe it.  Stuff like this doesn't happen to me.  It obviously wasn't a big order, only several dollars, but it really changed my mood.  I have never had someone do something like that for me before.  I had always heard of stuff like that, and I've honestly always wanted to do it myself, but never have.  Having it happen to me, especially with everything that's been going on the past several months, it almost brought tears to my eyes!  There are good, nice people out there!!!  The best part was that literally 3 minutes earlier I was telling Jared how much "I hate people" after someone had cut me off...  And then another random person kindly paid for our order.  It definitely put things into perspective for me!  And restored my faith in humanity.  It made me want to try to be more generous, even in small ways.  Now to find some way to pay it forward this weekend!  :)

From now on I'm going to try to be more loving and kind.  

I don't "hate people."   I LOVE people!!!


1 comment:

Lizzy Hortin said...

That is so awesome! I have heard of this happening too, so cool it happened to you guys!