Our flight there went pretty good... I was super nervous about flying with Mr. Busy Body, but he did alright. He cried for the 20 minutes while we taxied towards the runway, but within seconds of take-off, he fell asleep. Thank goodness!
***Warning***
I'm pretty bad at this blogging thing! Aren't you supposed to keep your blog posts short & sweet?! HA! For the 5 days we were there, I
And don't worry... I'll reward all of you who stick around... I mean, what's a Wilburn blog post without a
S A N D I E G O
First beach experience... Oh my goodness! This boy was in heaven! The first moment a wave splashed on his toes, he immediately started laughing so hard. He's a water baby, just like his mom.
We even ran into some friends, Deej & Natalie! Small, small world :) The boys enjoyed a little bit of boogie boarding... And of course had to be hardcore for the camera.
There was an Einstein's on our hotel's property that overlooked the harbor... It was probably the most amazing Einstein's ever. Gorgeous! Collin loved chasing all the birds that he'd share his breakfast with. And Jared got to be a hero and get a very large & nasty beetle out of some lady's hair.
We even enjoyed the pool! Imagine that ;) And lucky boy even got his own free cup with free re-fills [of water and juice... sorry, kid], and he definitely mastered the straw.
Across the street from our hotel was a fun grassy area that also had fire pits. Collin loved running around there! He especially loved chasing feathers with Dad... He thought that might have been the funniest thing ever.
We took a little drive to La Jolla to see some sea lions [or, as we called them, water lions]. They were all over the beach [big fat one blending into the sand on the bottom of the pic]. It was a super cloudy day, but still fun!
There was a fun little beach in Mission Bay right across the street from our hotel that Collin loved! Since it was in the bay there were no waves at all and Collin could just splash around.
Oh, and one of Collin's all-time favorite things? What better way to wash off the sand after a nice beach day than having 30 minute long showers! Literally! This kid loved standing in the shower getting hosed :) Good thing he liked it, since our room didn't have a tub. At least he was modest, right?
A few nights, we went and hung out at Seaport Village. It's such a fun atmosphere there, with all the little shops and kites and boardwalk! We loved it!
One morning we headed over to Coronado Island to explore. It was a fun place! We didn't stay long, but it was nice going before Collin's nap--we pretty much had the beach to ourselves!
![]() |
| And no, he's not crying... I don't think this kid stopped screaming all week, he was having way too much fun. |
On our last day, we decided to spend one last hour in the waves and then find the pier on Mission Beach. Our hotel was right by the big roller coaster, which was nowhere near the pier. Collin thought it was pretty neat.
And then... We were off to the airport.
Yes. What you've all been waiting for.
***Story Time***
Well, on the morning of our last day, we officially ran out of diapers for Collin. All we had were swim diapers and one last real diaper. I decided we were going to use the swim diapers and save the last real one for the airport. *shake my head...*
I'm sure all you parents out there know what's coming. All throughout the day, every time I got Collin out of his carseat, his shorts would be all wet! We just decided that his carseat was still wet from being at the beach. But as soon as we got through security and sat down at our terminal, I picked up Collin and felt him literally drip on me. What the heck?! I turned him around and pee was running allllllll down his legs, all over his shoes, all over the floor, and certainly all over my dress. Ugh... Looks like it's time to put on his real diaper! Freak.
And what does this boy decide to do as soon as I put his last real diaper on? Poop. Yep! He poops within 3 minutes of having his last diaper put on him. I wanted to cry. Jared went looking through all the shops to see if they had diapers, and they didn't have any in his size, or even close. So I actually had to go take his diaper off, scoop out that freakin poop, and put it back on him. Mother of the year, right there.
Don't worry, the horrendous day wasn't over. As soon as we stepped foot on that plane all hell broke loose. I'm fairly certain not a soul on that plane could hear a single word of the announcements--Collin was screaming as loud as he possibly could. Just SCREAMING! And if you know me at all, you know that I do not like to draw any attention to myself. Like ever. I was mortified. Thankfully, after about a ridiculously long 30 minutes, he finally fell asleep for the rest of the flight. And we were home!
...Nope. Still not done. As soon as we got home, I called for Max and he didn't come running down the stairs like he normally does. In fact, he was hiding under the bed. Last time he was hiding under the bed, we discovered that he had majorly injured his back. So my first thought was, "oh great, what is wrong?!" Well, he finally comes out, and as I'm petting him I discover this massive mat of fur on his butt... So big he couldn't freakin poop! My poor cat was so plugged up, I can only imagine what would've happened if we were gone for any longer. We hurry and get Collin bathed and in bed, and then to my horror I start cutting away at Max's poop-filled mat. You guys. I literally almost threw up over our balcony. Every time I clipped away at his freakin butthole [pardon my French] he would fart right in my face! You guys! Just thinking about it I'm horrified. Thank goodness Jared mopped up everywhere that poor Max had rubbed his poop-butt [I imagine trying to get it off!]... I think I would've lost it if I had to do that too.
Welcome home, right? Eff.
Needless to say, it might be a while before I brave another flight with Collin. But we had oh, so much fun!










1 comment:
Hahaha this just made me laugh out loud you poor thing! But I do love the area in San Diego I have been there a million times! It's so fun and gorgeous! Glad you had fun!
Post a Comment