For Jared's graduation gift, I told him that he could finally buy his long-awaited mountain bike that he's been saving for, and I'd pay the difference [since, of course, Jared wanted the fanciest bike]. So, yesterday, we went to
Bingham Cyclery and he finally got to buy his bike, helmet, biker shorts [not the spandex-type, don't worry], and biking gloves!!! I must say, I thought for sure I'd have buyer's remorse as soon as we walked away, but his bike is actually
really cool! I am for sure kind of jealous... I might have to buy me one now!
 |
| At Pioneer Park [across from Bingham Cyclery] showing off his new toy! |
 |
| Testing out his shocks... Pretty intense, if I do say so myself! |
Jared picked out a
2011 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp, whatever the heck that means... But it's amazing, nonetheless! We got to go test it out on part of the Bonneville Shoreline Trail last night after it stopped raining, and although it's
way too big for me [I nearly killed myself trying to get off because my feet couldn't touch the ground... good thing Jared was there to catch me or I would have some nasty scrapes!], we had a blast!!!
 |
| Jared in his gear before his ride! |
|
Jared is off riding the Shoreline again right now [look how pro he looks in his gear!], and I'm sad I couldn't go with him... But hopefully we can save up so that I can get a cheap bike for me so we can go riding together! So if anyone wants a biking buddy, I'm sure Jared will be up for the challenge since he has a lot more free time now!
1 comment:
Oh my gosh...that is one sick bike! I am so jealous! Look at Jared, he is practically glowing! That is one awesome graduation gift Rachel, and way to go Jared for saving and working hard to buy your bike. Maybe when I'm doing with this pregnant thing, I will have the time and money to buy a bike and go riding. Jared and I use to go riding all the time as kids...Good Times! I much prefer biking than running. :)
Post a Comment