7.25.2014

24th of July

We had such a fun holiday.  Having days off from work have a whole new meaning since being a mom.  I love any opportunity to spend more time with my adorable family!  I think most stay-at-home moms take all their mommy time for granted.  That's one good thing about working full time - I don't take my home time for granted!

***Adorable Moment Alert***
To start the day off, Collin and I decided to play with his trains and wait for dad to get home from golfing. I was laying on the ground by Collin's trains and talking to him...  when he suddenly looked over at me with this big smile.  He walked over, rolled towards me, laid his little head on my arm, and pulled my arm around his tummy.  This boy never wants to snuggle me anymore, and he laid there for a good 2-3 minutes just talking to me.  You'd be right if you said this was easily my favorite part of the day!  :)

Once dad got home, we headed on over to Rita's!  We may have been there twice in the past week...  It's definitely a guilty pleasure.  And Collin sure enjoyed it!


We then went to the park to play...  Although it began with playing in the dead grass.  Of course.


We chased the geese...  [I only let him chase one.  The rest were resting in the shade on a hot day and I didn't want to disturb them.  :)  Typical me, right?]


Collin saw daddy in a tree...

 

...so he decided he wanted to climb trees, too!


After running around the park, we decided to go to Gram's & Gramp's to play in the water!  This boy loves his water!  He splashed around in his pool for a while, and then decided the sprinkler was pretty dang awesome.  He was shivering so much [regardless of the 100+ degree weather], but he would not leave the freezing cold water alone!  [And he actually did start out with a swimsuit & hat, but as soon as we started undressing him since he was shivering, he decided THEN he wanted to play!]


I sure love my little family.  Watching Collin explore and satisfy his intense curiosity is so much fun.  He keeps me on my toes, and I wouldn't want it any other way!

Happy Pioneer Day!

No comments: