9.11.2011

Utah State Fair

On Saturday, Jared thought of the great idea to go to the Utah State Fair!  I had told him that I'd never been before, so being the cute thoughtful husband he is, he thought he'd take me.  :)


I must say, I didn't know what to expect...  My first impression as we walked in was, "WHOA, this place freakin' STINKS!!!"  Holy cow, I really don't think I've smelled so many awful smells mixed together in my life!  Ha!  Every person's odor that walked past me nearly knocked me over!  There are certainly some interesting people up there.  Best people watching everrr!


My favorite part was, of course, the animals  :)  And they had some pretty amazing animals there.  Of course they had cows...  Although I really did feel so bad for them, being chained up to the wall.  The PETA part of me definitely started coming out  ;)  There were so many other animals too, I only got a few pictures.

Yes.  Fluffy chicken... thing.  I love you.
What is this?  Oh, just a massive fluff of a bunny...  No big deal.  And yes, he does have a head... somewhere.
They had some interesting animals, to say the least.  But I loved it!  Unfortunately we only got to stay for about an hour and a half or so...  Right when we got there, we looked towards the mountains and there were some gnarly clouds coming towards us.  Sure enough, about an hour later, it started sprinkling.  So we decided to head back to the car before it started pouring, which was a good idea, because as soon as we started driving away it was raining pretty hard! 


Thanks honey, for another great date idea!  I absolutely love that I married someone who likes being as spontaneous as I do.  We try to make our lives the least amount of boring as possible.  :)  There's no better way!


1 comment:

Lizzy Hortin said...

I love the fair! This is the first year I wasn't able to go in a really long time. It for sure is the best people watching you could want though!

Look how clean you both look! he he;)