I just had to post this link...
Click Here
It's a long post, but worth reading!
I 100% completely agree with this sweet lady's post. Ever since all the breast cancer awareness "games" [since the "color of your bra" one, which I guess made a little more sense], I've thought it's gotten a little out of hand. The past several have had absolutely NOTHING to do with breast cancer awareness, so what the heck is the point?! I mean, posting where you like to keep your purse ["I like it on the kitchen table"], how big your shoe size but in inches ["8 inches"]... What on earth does that have to do with anything, besides sex?! And why are we keeping it a secret from men, when 1% of breast cancer patients are male. It just doesn't make sense to me.
I think the thing that made this so offensive to me is [not only is it because I have several friends right now who are struggling with fertility] because young breast cancer survivors can be left infertile after treatments... And now, to bring "awareness" to breast cancer, we're posting fake pregnancies on Facebook.
I know, maybe I'm just being a party-pooper, but all I'm asking is that you think twice about participating in this "awareness game."
No comments:
Post a Comment