11.13.2011

Life Update

I've been super busy with life lately.  Between school, working, running [or trying], doctors, etc...  What a nightmare!  I literally cannot wait for winter break!  Ahh!  Anyways, I thought I'd catch all of you up on our lives lately  :)  ...if you care.  If not, you can stop here.  ;)  No fun pictures for this one!

As for me, obviously I've been going crazy with school.  Working full time and going to school almost full time is kind of a joke.  I am SO thankful for a job that allows me to do 3/4 of my homework when it's slow.  I really don't know what I would do if I had a demanding job and had to do all my homework at home.  I don't think I could do it.  I decided a few months ago that on top of my psychology major, I'm going to double major in sociology as well.  Then if all goes as planned, I'll have only one more credit hour than the required hours to graduate.  Perfect.  I recently registered for classes for the spring...  I'll be taking 13 credit hours.  Sick, it makes me ill just typing that!  Full time work and MORE than full time school.  Why?!  I just want to be DONE!  But we'll see if I actually keep all 4 classes.  I truly thank God for Jared, he helps me WAY more than he should!  Especially in my dumb philosophy class [let me just for a moment say how much I despise conceited student teachers!]...  Having a philosophy majored husband sort of helped.  Cheers to my last semester of generals!!!

I know some of you are wondering...  Yes, you read that right, I DID finally go see a doctor about my knee.  For those of you who know me well, I have not had the most enjoyable experiences with doctors in the past.  So to say that I was dreading this doctor visit is putting it lightly.  But, I am so glad to say that luckily I found a wonderful sports medicine doctor at TOSH who made me feel very hopeful!  His name is Dr. Jared Dunn and I'd recommend him to anyone!  He was super nice and funny and told me that I'll easily be able to run the Salt Lake City Half Marathon in April  :)  The best news in a long time!  Anyways, he said that the majority of my problem is hamstring tendinitis, and maybe a little bit of an IT Band problem.  Although he seemed to be a little surprised that my knee doesn't hurt at night...?  He referred me to a physical therapist [who specializes in running!] and I'll see him early Friday morning.  So wish me luck!  I'm SO anxious to start running again!

Now it's Jared's turn.  :)  My sweet, hard working husband got a new job at the U of U in a dialysis clinic in Bountiful!  It's a great job for him since he is now debating between going to medical school or PA [physician's assistant] school...  He'll be able to get great medical experience for his applications, and he's learned a lot so far.  He still works at his chiropractic office, so he's been a busy bee!  Some days he has to wake up at 3:45AM and gets home around the same time I do after 6PM!  Poor thing...  He sure is a hard worker and I sure do appreciate all he does!  All the benefits of that will surely catch up to him one day!  :)

Like I said, Jared is now going to either apply to med school or PA school.  So long law school!  Too many lawyers without jobs these days...  It doesn't seem as worth it anymore.  I've always thought Jared was meant to be in the medical profession.  He's got that wonderful [good doctor] healing personality!  He will be starting up school again in the spring to finish a few more science classes to apply for grad school, and then we'll see where that takes us.  Hopefully not anywhere too far!  But I'm excited to see what is to come!

Well...  I think that's about it in the Wilburn life!  That, or my brain is too fried from all this crap to function enough to blog.  I apologize.  Wish us luck...  I sure hope we both survive this crazy time in our lives! 

No comments: