5.06.2012

Bells Canyon

I have decided to do a LOT more hiking this summer than we've done in the past.  I absolutely love being outside and I don't want to take it for granted this year.  My goal for the year is to hike Timpanogos...  I guess you could call this my "fitness year" since I am already training for a second [and yes, possibly third] half marathon AND wanting to hike Timp!  I am in the zone!!!  Haha!

This was our first hike of the year and it was beautiful!  Very steep [I was definitely sore the next few days] but very fun!  Neither of us have hiked up Bells Canyon before.  The whole trip was about 4 1/2 miles, and consistently up hill.  Only about a mile up the trail was a small lake and it was one of the prettiest lakes I've seen!  It was easy to get lost, the trail got really narrow and there weren't many people around so we were just praying we were going the right way, but we finally found the waterfall!  So fun!

Just a little ways above the start of the trail
Seriously, how beautiful is this?!
Jared surfing the rock! Ha!

It was such a fun and pretty hike, I can't imagine what it looks like when everything's not dead!  We'll for sure have to do this one again.

No comments: