5.23.2012

Race For The Cure

Well, I'm a little late posting this since it was the Saturday before Mother's Day, but I can't skip blogging about such a great tradition!  We have gone to the Race For The Cure every year since the first year it started [since that was the same year my mom was diagnosed] and it's been so fun to see how much it has grown!  This year, however, there was a 25% drop in registration, which I assume is from the whole Planned Parenthood issue...  I think it's very sad that people let politics get in the way of donating to a great organization such as this one [this is not to say that I agree OR disagree with what happened!].  But regardless of the smaller crowd, it was still a ton of people and it was still a lot of fun!

My mom just passed her 16 year mark on May 21st [the day before my birthday] since she found out she had breast cancer, and I'm so grateful that she has conquered such a great feat and has now been cancer-free for so many years!  MooMoo, you are my hero!  Since the rest of my family didn't end up going [where were all you slackers?!], she tried telling me that we didn't need to go, but there's no way I was going to let her off the hook!  We have gone every year, we were most certainly going to go celebrate her remission again this year!  It's such an amazing celebration for my mom and for my family and I am SO glad we went!

Go MooMoo!  She only finished 5-10 min after we did!!  [that's either really good for her, or really bad for me ;) just kidding]
Bein gansters in our gangster hats!


I love you Moo Moo Rae, you are my hero and I'm so glad we get to celebrate you every year!

1 comment:

Lizzy Hortin said...

Awesome tradition! Go Darla!!!