Jared's friend Daniel has LOTS of big, scary guns... He has taken Jared shooting before, and things didn't turn out for the best for Jared... at least for his face [see blog post HERE]. But luckily there were no injuries this time :)
We went to an outdoor shooting range up by East Canyon, and as soon as we got out of the car I nearly had a heart attack. Yes, I may like destroying things, but usually what comes with that is LOUD noises... And I do not like loud noises. And let me tell you, these were loud guns! Even with my big 'muffs on, I would jump about a foot off the ground every time someone shot a loud gun!
We started out nice and easy with a .22 rifle. I was scared at first, but there wasn't any kick to it and it wasn't loud at all. Oh, and I was a dang good shot at it, too!
| That little square there, that was mine! Oh, and I definitely got the bulls-eye 3 times. No big deal. |
The next gun we shot was a hand gun. A .45 caliber, to be exact. Oh, and a 1911 .357 magnum. Or something like that. I don't know my gun lingo. As you can tell, I had no idea how to really hold the gun. Oh, and yes, that is a nervous smile/laugh below. This gun was much louder than the first. And a lot more powerful. Oh, and I definitely wasn't a very good shot with this one... Maybe because I was shaking too much haha!
| Jared looked much better shooting than I did!! |
Of course we saved the best for last. An AR-15. Oh my, terrifying. This gun was freaking LOUD! And it didn't help that the guy next to us had a loud-as-crap rifle. Freak. Every time either of these guns went off I could feel my insides rumble and I'd have to force myself to breathe haha! And the suspense of when they were going to go off was even worse... The kind of suspense that makes you squint just waiting. Yikes. I really didn't want to shoot this gun, but the boys made me :( For some reason it was a lot more scary watching than it was shooting. Maybe because that suspense was mostly gone since I was in charge of when it was going to shoot! And yes... This gun definitely turned out to be my favorite :) and yes, I was pretty dang good at shooting metal targets way up on the mountain. Don't mess.
| Daniel looking through the scope to see the target. Yeah, the target was that far away! |
| The targets were waaaay up that gulley on the left |
No comments:
Post a Comment