So we made plans to finally hike this sucker with our awesome friends Andy & Lizzy, and Lizzy's bro Jake! And let me tell you... Jared and I have been on a lot of hikes, and I have never been on a more beautiful, absolutely stunning, gorgeous hike! [yes, I just used 'beautiful,' 'stunning,' and 'gorgeous' all in the same sentence] It seemed like every turn we took there was an even more outstanding view! It was hard and 16 miles is a long way, but I would absolutely 100% do this hike again. A-m-a-z-i-n-g ! ! !
We started the hike around 6:45AM, and the weather was perfect. A little chilly at the beginning, but perfect temperature to have to get your heart beating! Plus, we went on a weekday, so we only saw a handful of people. It was amazing feeling like we had the whole mountain to ourselves! I love hiking, it makes me feel like a child, being able to just explore!
We took a small detour along the way to see Scout Falls. Not too much of a waterfall, but of course the view from there was stunning!
| Gettin' tired! |
| My favorite Lizzy! |
Oh boy... This story deserves a bit of a spot light. Well, about halfway up the mountain, we ran into this sign that read "TOILET" and a small little trail leading over a small hill. So, of course, the boys had to go check it out. Lizzy and I took a little break and watched them disappear over the hill. About 30 seconds later we heard all 3 of them just start yelling! Lizzy and I looked at each other like, what in the world was that?! So of course then we had to go see what all the fuss was about! All I can say is it was so disgusting! There was a little make-shift toilet and
Back to the real pretty views... :)
FINALLY! We made it to the top! Whew!
| The closest we got to any mountain goats. See 'em on top there? Two goats and a baby goat. Dumb goats, I came up here to see you jerks, and you don't even come down to say hello... |
| So. Dang. TIRED. |
| Oooh, why hellooo little one....! |
| You and your friends hungry?? Okay, go eat Jake then... That's fine. |
Okay, so we all know I'm full of good stories right? I mean, rarely do I end a blog without one! So stop your beggin'! Here's a good one for ya...
Let me start off by saying that I have never had any sort of fear of heights before. Ever. I'm quite the adventurer and thrill seeker. So obviously a fear of heights wouldn't go well with those aspects. Anyways... Here we are, sitting on top of the freaking high mountain peak, that's like 10 feet wide, eating our lunch, when all of a sudden a plane flies by at eye level and starts circling the peak where we were sitting. I don't know what the deal was, but I started panicking! I guess it just hit me how high we were... I mean, high enough that planes were flying around up there! It was nuts. After that, I honestly couldn't stand up straight without panicking. I had to just scoot around on my butt! Laugh it up. Everyone else was!!
1 comment:
Sooooo amazing! We should make this a yearly tradition! Love your post. You got the best pictures!
Post a Comment