7.24.2011

2nd Anniversary in Cabo!

I can't believe it's already been two years that we've been married!!  You know us, we have to go somewhere amazing to celebrate  ;)  And what better place than Cabo San Lucas, México!!! 

Our view from our ocean-front balcony

We love Mexico [we went to Cancun for our honeymoon, still my favorite!] and we love the 2-3 hour flight there!  So much quicker than Hawaii!  That flight was miserable last year!  It was awesome leaving at noon and getting to our resort by 4-ish!

We did a whole lot of fun things in Cabo, but we also did a whole lot of nothing!  And that was definitely my favorite part!  Not really having to be anywhere or to do anything in particular...  Just doing WHATEVER!!!  So here's the whole lot of "stuff" that we did!  :)

♡A whole lot of being silly. 
That was mostly Jared's doing.  I absolutely love this picture, isn't it just perfect?!!  I'm so blessed to have the husband I do, he makes life so much fun!

 
♡Lots of nachos by the pool.  
Not gonna lie...  For being an all-inclusive resort, we were a little disappointed in the food.  Our resort in Cancun was so much better, at least in the food category.  But these nachos were pretty divine!


♡Lots of hairy, hairy men.
Oh goodness!  I seriously haven't seen so many hairy backs in my life!  It was like a clan of hairballs decided to come to Cabo that week!  Seriously, very impressive...  [I'm so glad Jared doesn't have this problem]


♡Lots of... ANTS.
Hahaha, this seriously cracked me up so much!!!  We're walking along, Jared tries to take a picture of the pool, but it comes out blurry.  So he stops.  For TEN SECONDS to take a better picture.  Then all of a sudden, he is taking off for the pool!  Haha poor honey, he stood in a pile of ants, and they were ALL over him!  Biting him like mad!  So the rest of the trip, every time either of us would see any ants, we'd point, say "ANTS!" and speed away.   

 
♡Lots and lots of playing in the water.
Whether it was in our amazing pools or in the warm ocean waves, we had SO much fun!!!  The first few days the waves were the perfect size to play in without getting hurt [since both of us have a tendency of almost drowning in the ocean].  It was so funny watching some people get taken out by the big waves though...  My favorite:  Some grandma was standing in the ocean having some family members take her picture, and this HUGE wave came and knocked her completely over!  I mean sunglasses flying, whiplash action and all!  We all saw it coming, but no one was nice enough to warn her, not even her family!  Oh my gosh, I haven't laughed that hard in so long!!!  Ahh, I miss it already!

Jared preparing for the wave that's about to hit him
No feet  :)  I loved letting the waves sink me!
I didn't expect this one!  I was turned around looking at Jared when a wave almost knocked me over!

♡So many pina coladas.
I seriously think we had at least 5 a day!!  We were constantly on a sugar high!  Of course all of the bartenders would always give us grief when we'd ask for a "virgin pina colada please!"

  

♡Of course lots of relaxing, listening to the ocean. 
Nothing better than the sound of waves crashing  :)  


♡Lots of rockin' out.
Our resort had a pretty sweet band that would play every night before they had a cool show [ie, Mr. Riu, Michael Jackson, Mexican Fiesta, Grease, etc].  They were called the Riu Band!  It was fun sitting around listening to music and watching their funny/cool shows!  Oh, and watching all the drunken people was pretty dang entertaining too! 


♡Lots of eating of course.
Need I say more?!!  They had 5 different restaurants there, one buffet [typical buffet, not the greatest], and 4 reservation-required restaurants-- a steakhouse, a Japanese restaurant, a Mexican restaurant, and a fancy Italian/steakhouse type restaurant.  We really enjoyed each of these four!  They were pretty good!  The only dumb way laaame part about it was that you had to actually GO to customer service [aka ONE representative] each morning to make a reservation...  Can't call, you actually had to show up and make reservations.  It was ridiculous how quickly they went!  One morning Jared woke up at 6:30AM just to make sure we got a good reservation on our anniversary!  That'd be just our luck if we had to eat at a buffet on our anniversary!  :)  But it paid off, we ate some fantastic food that night!

Our awesome dinner on our anniversary!  :)

Jared's dessert...
MY dessert!
♡Lots of posing in front of the beach.
Jared knows I can get a bit picture crazed, so bless his heart for being a trooper and posing a ton for me!!  :)  I'm the type of person that would rather have WAY too many pictures than none at all!  I absolutely love looking at all our pictures together, I wouldn't trade them for the world!


♡Lots of pretty sunsets.
One of our favorite things to do in the evenings after dinner was walk along the beach, watch all the crabs come out of their holes, and of course watch the sun set.  It really was so pretty there!
 

♡Lots of sight-seeing.
We decided to take a glass-bottom boat ride over to Lover's Beach and around the famous arch!  Well... It was fun to see, I guess.  Haha let me explain.  The man we booked it through said we would get to spend "a couple hours" on the beach playing.   Mmhmm.  We were to meet our van in the lobby at 11:15AM, but the van didn't even show up until 11:45.  Already kinda grouchy.  We drive to the port and wait another 30-40 minutes [in the sweltering heat] to actually get on a boat.  We finally crowd onto the boat, take the cool little tour around the arch, and then he drops us off at Lover's Beach and tells us [only Jared and I, for some reason] that we have to meet him back in that spot at 2 to leave.  Thinking we had at least an hour, we set off to walk around.  We played in the water for about 20 minutes and Jared went to go look at the time.  1:55PM!!!  Seriously??  "A few hours" turned into 25 minutes.  Now both of us were REALLY grouchy!  We ran back to catch the boat, and somehow about 30 people fit onto this boat that should only hold about 15-20.  When we got back to meet our van to drive back to our resort, we waited another 45 minutes for the van to come!  Oh man...  It was SO hot, no shade anywhere...  We were one grouchy couple, that's for dang sure!  But hey, you always have to have one crappy experience on vacation, right?!  And at least we were able to laugh about how ridiculous it was afterward!!  :)
 
Definitely my favorite part of our excursion!
Lover's Beach
The cave... Our tour guide said "two people go in... three come out"  ;)
  
♡Watching the used-to-be-small BIG waves.
Supposedly there was a tropical storm somewhere nearby, and literally overnight the waves multiplied a TON!!!  It was unreal how much bigger they were!  The small-sloped soft beach turned into a cliff-sloped beach!  Needless to say, no one was allowed in the water.  It sure was fun to watch though!

You can sort of tell how steep the waves had made the beach

♡Of course lots of sunburns...
We all know I don't really believe in sunscreen, so go figure the first day I was already burnt.  I was really good about putting sunscreen on the rest of the time, except our last day...  Hey, I wanted to come back with SOME sun, ya know?!  So, I only put it certain places.  Example, my shoulders.  Yes, this is why I look like I have a farmer's tan.  Awesome.


Needless to say...  We had a blast!  And of course I'm already thinking about where we should go next!  I absolutely love being able to travel and explore different places with my sweet hubby, and I'm so lucky that Jared shares that same passion with me!  I hope we'll be able to explore many, many more places in the future!  And I'm sure most of those will be for our MANY more anniversaries to come!!


~HAPPY TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY TO US~

3 comments:

4boysmom said...

Looks like you had an amazing time!!! So jealous - enjoy every minute of your alone time - I have a feeling "2 people left and 3 people came home" :)

Lizzy Hortin said...

So fun! I love love love your pictures. Happy 2 years, that is so crazy!

Britani and Levi said...

Looks like it was a blast! I wish we could have spent more time in Cabo on our honeymoon, it's so pretty! (But I loved Puerto Vallarta even more.) I have to agree about the heat, it was almost miserable when we were there a month ago.

Which do you like more, Hawaii or Mexico? We're trying to plan a trip w/ my sis and she votes Hawaii (I've never been) but I just loved Mexico!