7.12.2011

Why I Don't Go To Bars.

Wow.  That's the only word I can think of.

Over this past weekend, one of Jared's good friends had a birthday bash at a bar downtown, Gracie's.  It was fun being able to go see everyone since I don't see much of his friends anymore [what the heck is up with that guys?!  Rude...].  Anyways, let me paint the scene for you.....

I'm sitting at our big group table, across from our friend Tron, having a conversation.  Everyone else is sitting/standing around talking and laughing.  Out of nowhere, this guy sits down next to me [mid-conversation, mind you] and starts talking to us.  Gutsy, right?!  I just assumed he was one of Chris's [the birthday boy] friends, since obviously there were a lot of people I didn't know.  But then he starts asking us why we're there and if there are any other good bars in SL.  He was here from California for work, blah, blah, blah.  Uhh... Stop talking to me.  That's what I was thinking.  I put my elbows on the table and held my hands in front of my face--obviously flashing the ring.  I saw him glance at it and he still kept on going. 

Creep:  "So what are you drinking?"
Me:  "Uh, nothing."
Creep:  "Well, I can see that, but I was hoping to change that."
Me:  "No, I'm okay, thank you."
Creep:  [awkward]"Oh, okay..."

At this point, Tron just up and leaves me [to go tell Jared, who was standing right behind me, and just watch and laugh at me].  Awesome.  Thanks buddy!

Creep:  "So is your boyfriend leaving...?"
Me:  [wanting to die at this point]"Um no, that's my husband's friend."
Creep:  *eyes widen, leaning closer* "What??"
Me:  [getting impatient now]"That's my husband's friend."

By now, his friend had come to sit down next to him, and had just heard the last part.  I could tell he was trying so hard not to laugh!!  Creep muttered something along the lines of how he felt like a jacka** and I just pretended not to hear him. 

Creep:  [clearly not believing me, or hoping that I'd go for it anyways]"Where's your husband?"
Me:  [turning around pointing]"There."

Don't worry, all three of them were smiling at me.  Unbelievable.

Creep:  "Well, I'm going to stop being a jacka** now and leave you alone."
Me:  [big smile on my face]"Okay!"

There you go.  This is why I don't go to bars.

3 comments:

Jessie Larson said...

Haha! Oh my Rachel, I love it. I can picture the whole thing in my head, and I am laughing right now!

Kyndra said...

BAHHAHAHA That is great!

4boysmom said...

It is cause you are such a hottie - just look at your bikini pic....better dress in mu mu's from now on or expect this a lot :)