7.05.2011

July 4th Weekend... Festivities & Miseries!

Ahh... When was the last time we had a 3 day weekend?!  It felt SO nice!  I can't tell you just how thrilled I was about getting an extra day off work!!  So what were our top 5 celebration activities, you ask??

1-- Shopping!!!...  Mainly for Cabo [12 days and counting!]



2-- Relaxing and enjoying the beautiful weather at the park... We only made it about an hour; it was far too hot, even in the shade!  We wanted to go swimming, but since our apartment complex houses morons, they had to close the pools due to someone shattering a glass bottle in the pool.  Grr....!


3-- Going "sight seeing"...?  Sure, this counts as sight seeing, right?  We live right by the wildfire that went down above Red Butte, so we had to go check it out!


4-- Jared's Freedom Half Marathon up by the capital!  Nice job honey!!!  [as usual]


5-- And last, but certainly not least, throwing up all day on my favorite holiday!  ...oh wait, I don't think that's supposed to happen?  Oh, but it did.

I'm still upset about this.  I woke up around 3AM Monday morning and felt SO sick...!  I just kept thinking that if I threw up I'd feel so much better and then I'd be able to enjoy my favorite holiday!!  Oh no.  No, no, no.  I was awake at 3AM and never got a chance to go back to sleep until around 10PM Monday night.  :(  How sad is this?!  I never, ever get sick!  Ever!  So maybe when I say that I have never been so sick, that might mean nothing to you.  But honestly, I have never been so sick.  It was pure misery.  I had to miss my honey's half marathon [which I am still so, so sad about... I've never missed a race before!], I had to miss all the fun park festivities, and of course I ended up missing all the awesome fireworks.  We could see and hear the fireworks from Sugarhouse Park from our place, but by this point, just sitting up in bed to look out the window was putting me over the edge, so I couldn't even stomach watching the fireworks from my window! 

I do have to say this though-- I am so thankful I have the husband I do...  I told him multiple times that he could go enjoy the holiday with friends, and he never even hesitated about leaving me.  He was next to me all day, rubbing my back and giving me anything that I needed.  I know he got super bored and irritable about sitting around doing nothing all day, but he never showed it or acted annoyed.  I love you Jared, you are the most kind and giving person I know, thank you for taking care of me at my worst!!

Well anyways, as for today, I'm still pretty queasy, but 110% better than I was yesterday.  Go figure, right?!!  All I can say...  They better have some dang good fireworks on the 24th!!!  [watch me get sick again...!]

3 comments:

Ashton Jensen said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome weekend!!

Ashton Jensen said...

minus the being sick!

Lizzy Hortin said...

I'm sorry you were sick that is so sad! I'm glad you have an awesome husband to take care of you!