1.15.2012

When Life Gives You Lemons... Make Lemonade?

.......no, wait, I like this quote MUCH, much better:

"When life gives you cold water, 
BOIL IT!"
~Rachel Wilburn.

That's right.  This has been how I've spent the majority of my Sunday afternoon!  Who's jealous???  You should be.  

Jared and I went running at the park this morning [first time I've run outside since my knee started hurting...  which, by the way, doesn't hurt anymore!!!  Hallelujah!], so obviously, the first thing I wanted to do when we got home was take a nice hot shower!  Jared had to go to his internship, so he showered first and then I got a little lazy and waited to shower for a bit.  I went in to shower and the water would not heat up!  What in the world!  I tried all of our faucets and nothing was running hot water.  Great.  

I was desperate for a shower at this point, so I got out the pots and started boiling!  Yep!  It took me about an 45 minutes of running from the kitchen to the tub to the kitchen, etc, etc, etc...  but I finally got a somewhat decent bath ready!  NEVER have I appreciated hot water so much!  It seriously stressed me out when I pulled the plug in the tub and watched all my hard-earned hot water go down the drain so quickly.  

<---------From here.............


................To here---------->

X infinity!






Moral of the story:  Appreciate your never ending hot showers, people!!!  I sure do!

1 comment:

Lizzy Hortin said...

Sooo crappy! Ha ha, especially after an outside run. Hot showers make it all worth it!