3.12.2012

I'm Alive, Promise! Although, Barely...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe it's been so long since I've updated my blog...  Please forgive me!  [for those of you, if any, that actually follow my blog regularly!]

It has been so insanely busy lately...  I honestly don't think I've ever had so much to stress about all at once before!  3 upper-division classes, over 40 hour work weeks, training for this half marathon that is next month [oh my gosh, I'm so freaked out about that], and getting ready for our new house!  It's insane!  I've promised myself that never again will I be in school, working, and training for a race all at the same time...  And then I decided to add buying a home on top of it.  I know it could be worse, but it's a little crazy for me right now!

School has been good though...  I think I'm doing pretty well and I find all my classes very interesting now that I'm finally exclusively focusing on my two majors.  I'm not holding my breath for another 4.0 this semester, but I think I'll still do well given how much is on my plate right now.

Work... is work.  Right??  It's been crazy lately, we've gone through SO many new employees recently, so naturally, since I've been there for so long [way too long], I've had to train them all.  Currently I'm training 3 all at once.  Fuuunnnnnn!  ;)  But I am extremely grateful that I have a job where I can get the majority of my homework done on slow days, it makes life SO much easier!  And I really do work with the greatest people!

Oh. My. Goodness.  Running.  It's been crazy.  My training is now up to 8 miles, which I ran yesterday, and FREAK!  I don't know if this running thing is for me!  [kidding. kind of.]  It was so hard!!!  My pace hasn't been that slow in a long time...  But I keep telling myself it was hot, windy [REALLY windy], and uphill [thank you Jared, for picking that route].  I am so privileged to go another 8 miles this coming Saturday, so we'll see how that one goes!  I can't believe there's only 5 weeks left!  Be praying for me, I need it!  Ha!  Okay, really though...  I really have improved so much.  I truly AM proud of myself!  I mean, I ran EIGHT miles!!!  But coming from a family of several amazing runners, it's hard for me to know that I'll be finishing an hour after they will.  But I'll get there!!!  :)

And last, but most certainly not least...  yes, we officially have keys to our brand spankin' new home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I cannot even explain to you how freaking excited I am to move in!  We both got Thursday and Friday off so we can have a long weekend to move and get settled!  Ahhhh, I'm so thrilled!  I can't stop thinking of ways to decorate!  It's going to be so much fun having our own place.  Please, if you have any advice for us, do share!  And don't you even worry, I'm going to have SO many pictures to post of our new place after this weekend!  You'll be jealous  ;)

Welp...  I hope this explains where I've been the past few months.  I promise I didn't give up on the blog!  I was doing so good blogging so often...  And then it got put on the back burner.  I'll be better  :)  PROMISE!

No comments: