5.01.2013

Updates & Progress!

Okay, so I’ve totally been M.I.A. the past few months. But can you blame me? …ok, I guess you can. I have relatively good excuses though I think; between working full time and struggling through my online classes, all while being extremely sick [thank goodness that has passed for the most part] and trying to prepare for sweet baby boy to come… It’s been a little LOT chaotic! I’ve never felt so many mixed emotions in my life, this is nuts!...or maybe I’m going nuts? Hmm… Keep your comments to yourself on that one.

So here’s an update on our lives! Last I was on here I was blogging about poor fluff Max. Well I’m glad to say that he’s doing much better than he was a few months ago!  :)  That was really hard for us, not knowing what was causing him to be in so much pain. Well, after a few vet visits, pokes and prods, x-rays, a lot of hissing from angry Max, and a ridiculous amount of money [I swear vets are more expensive than human doctors!], the vet came to the conclusion that Max had a herniated disc in his lower back, which is why it was so painful for him to walk and use his hind legs. Poor thing  :(  So we gave him some steroids for several weeks and he gradually seemed to get better. As of now, he is no longer limping  :)  Which is fantastic! We’re certain that he must have hurt himself jumping off his 6’ tower that he slept on top of daily. He hasn’t climbed that thing ever since. But we’re really glad he’s doing better, and thanks to everyone for all the nice thoughts, it meant a lot!

As for the babe  :)  Well, this little guy is quite the athlete! And quite the insomniac as well. I’m in for some trouble, that’s for sure! I think this guy gives the rolling and thumping a break for about an hour a day. The rest of the time my stomach is distorting and rolling in such ways I never thought possible. I didn’t know I could be so totally freaked out and so absolutely in love at the exact same time  :)  It’s the craziest sensation, and an even crazier thought to know it’s a little human being inside there! I don’t think I’ll ever experience the worry some expecting mothers have when their baby just isn’t an active, moving baby. That’s just not going to be my problem! Whew!

This experience has been full of really high highs and really low lows. It’s been an adventure, that’s for sure. And bless Jared’s heart for not having divorced my crazy butt yet! There have absolutely been some incredible parts of pregnancy… Like, of course, feeling and seeing my stomach move all over the place—watching my little man literally try to wiggle his way out of there! And knowing that he’s my little man! And seeing Jared talk to his little boy makes my heart just explode! …even though most the time he’s telling him to “KICK HER!”  :)  Oh, and even though I feel like my stomach is just ginormous, I have yet to get any stretch marks!  *knock on wood*  Now THAT is a definite plus! I could just go on and on! Pregnancy is an amazing thing  :)

Obviously [well you’d hope] there are a lot more items on my “highs” list than my “lows” list since I found out I was expecting. But the lowest low I’ve had problems with… well, it’s a big one. Ready for it… Weight gain. Ugh. Yep, that’s right, call me vain if you’d like! But coming from someone who has always been very hard on my appearance, this is a rough one! I haven’t even gained an excessive amount, I’m definitely within the recommended amount of weight gain, but just watching that dang scale go higher and higher… Just shoot me, will you?! Why can’t we just gain the 7-8 lbs of pure BABY instead of the 7-8 lbs + XX lbs of grossness?! I’ve definitely had my fair share [plus some] of complete mental and emotional break-downs about my growing body. Sometimes I’ll see pictures of my pre-pregnancy self [the body I wasn’t too pleased with at the time, mind you] and I just want to die! Will I ever get that back?! Ooh, the pain I’m going to put myself through to ensure I get that back…! Don’t you worry though, I’m making a comeback, no matter what I have to do! I have to just keep telling myself that. Someone please reassure me this is possible!

Anywho, here’s the progress I’ve made  :)  It's been fun taking weekly pictures of my growing belly! Only 8 more weeks, WOO HOO!!! 

7 weeks, a few weeks after finding out I was pregnant
15 weeks, finally starting to show a little bump
22 weeks, more than half way!
And finally, 32 weeks!

2 comments:

Becky Koch said...

You look fantastic! I promise, the weight will come off - don't get discouraged. Enjoy these moments, because once you are finished having children, you will miss them. I am excited to meet this little guy - he will be here before you know it! Love you!

Lizzy Hortin said...

Holy cow I hope so bad that I look as cute as you when I am pregnant! You are just all skinny then the cute baby bump! Love it so much!