4.16.2011

Salt Lake Half Marathon!

Man, can I just say how pumped I am to start getting better at running?!!  Jared, my incredible dad, sister, brother-in-law, and brother all ran the Salt Lake City Half Marathon this morning, and they all did amazing!!!  It was Jared's first race since his heart ablation, and I cannot believe how well he did!  He finished in 1:39:54, his personal record so far!

Good job sweetheart!!!


I'm so proud of my whole family, they really are so inspiring to me!  Especially my sister and my dad... I don't know how Heather does it with all these men!  And especially to be able to say she's one of the fastest (she finished just a few minutes after Jared)!  Heather, you're amazing!  And my dad...  Anyone who knows my dad knows that he has been running a long time.  His fastest marathon is 3:12!  Incredible.  And he's still running strong!

My goal is to be able to run this race with them next year, so we'll see how that goes!  Maybe I should tackle Ragnar before I commit to that though!  Yikes...

Nick (nephew), Dave (bro), Jared, Heather (sis), Kelly (bro-in-law), Dad
Proud wifey!

3 comments:

Heather Ann said...

Aaahh thanks for the nice post about all of us!!
I'm very proud of us all too!! Espec Jared way to go!! I look forward to more runs together!
& Rach I know u can do this next year! & look forward to finally getting some women runners in the fam!!
Just promise me to not get faster then me until I'm 60yrs old!! :)
Luv u guys!!

Two and a Crew! said...

I'm so proud of everyone! It's so much fun cheering them on and being around all the other crazy people. You could totally run with them next year Rach! I believe in you! :)

Lizzy Hortin said...

That is so awesome!!! You can run with me next year, if you're not TOO fast!