My poor baby got his first bath on Sunday afternoon :( Let's just say, neither of us were very happy about it! Jared has been talking about giving Max a bath for about a month now, and I've just been avoiding it for as long as I possibly could! Although I've owned several cats in my lifetime, I've never given one a bath before... I always made my mom and/or Jared be the torturers. I would prefer to be the nice one, the comforter :) So while Jared was filling the tub with a few inches of water (yes, Max is already too big for the kitchen sink), I just kept telling him "ooh no, Jared, don't! No...!" And my poor baby just knew something was coming!
Look at the poor guy just hiding! And he's never been scared of the tub before! He's always the one trying to stick his nose in it to get a drink, not hide! Poor Max just got all his adult teeth in (which looked painful!) and now he gets a bath too?!
So it was a little traumatizing. Jared went and grabbed him and put him in... And at first he was okay, just in shock. But then we started dumping water on his back and he went crazy! He hissed once and then started making the most awful meow I've ever heard him make! We almost lost control of him so I had to hurry and climb IN the tub with him to hold him in place! Haha, poor thing!
It luckily didn't last long, and honestly, I thought he'd struggle more than he did. We both made it out alive! And although he was pretty mad for a little while, he sure does smell nice! And even fluffier and softer than he was before! Such a good, big boy!
I'm a little concerned about myself... If I'm this protective of my baby cat, how in the world am I going to be when I have my own children?!! Yikes...
3 comments:
First of all I can't believe you guys went through with it! Second, I can't believe how BIG Max is!!! He's not even the same cat. He is adorable!
So I'm curious to know when Max will have another bath?! haha You should video tape it next time, just sayin!
ohhh he's sooo cute!! Can't believe how big he's gotten!!
and YES you will be even more protective of your children!! LOL
Then little Max will just be a nuisance!
I have owned cats all my life, never have I once given any of them a bath. lol
Post a Comment