4.07.2011

General Conference

This year for General Conference, my mom invited us to go to the Conference Center for the 2PM Sunday Session.  I could've sworn I've been before, but apparently I haven't (according to my parents).  Although it was a freezing day (I can't remember the last time it snowed on Conference day in April!), it was a great experience being able to be there live, I'd for sure do it again!  It's great that we can still watch it from home, but being there without many distractions I thought was so much better.  Obviously.

We got to sit in front of my adorable friend Lizzy (who I grew up with) and her cute fiance!  I'm glad I got to see her and meet him!  So excited for your wedding Lizzy!! :)

 
By far, my favorite part was the wonderful music by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.  Maybe this is bad to say... but I am one who can have a more difficult time feeling the Spirit by just listening to a talk.  Don't get me wrong, the talks were great, and they definitely inspired me to live my life to the fullest.  But listening to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir was so spiritual for me.  I felt the Spirit so strongly... I could have listened to it all day!  I just love how music can bring out such incredible emotions in people.

It was fun to see all the general authorities so close (we even saw Mitt Romney), and I LOVED that as President Monson was walking out, he shook hands with a little boy whose dad was holding him up to the Prophet.  I just thought that was adorable!  I'm definitely glad we had the opportunity to go.  Hopefully we'll get that chance for the next Conference!  Thanks again Mom for inviting us!!!

1 comment:

Lizzy Hortin said...

I loved seeing you guys at conference! I really liked being there too, there is definitely a different kind of spirit when you are in the same room as the Prophet and Apostles.