10.30.2011

Provo Halloween Half Marathon

Well, the frequently-blogged-about half marathon has come and gone...  And I keep thinking that I should feel sore today  :(  I'm still super bummed that I couldn't run this one, I had gotten SO excited for it.  But I'll be signing up for the Salt Lake City Half Marathon within the next few weeks [after I make sure my knee is okay], and people keep telling me that that one's a great one for my first half.  So I'm excited  :)

Jake is a crazy person, I tell ya... He finished in 1:20!  And you can't see any other runners in sight!
My studly runner man  :)  Finished in 1:33.  Can't wait to run with you again!
It was fun to see my cousin, Spencer there!  Finished in 1:57!  Great job, Spence!  Can't wait till Ragnar again!
Andy and Lizzy!  Finished in 2:15, much faster than I would have!  I would have just held Lizzy back!!  Can't wait to run with you in SLC!

Although I wasn't in the best mood standing around watching all the finishers, knowing that I should have been among them, I know I'll just finish faster and stronger now than I would have this time.  So keep your fingers crossed for me that my knee is fine now...  I'm going to try running on it this week again, and if it's no good, then I guess I'll have to find a doc.  But I hope I won't have to! 

Awesome job to these runners!  You inspire me to try harder!  Next time...  Is MY TIME!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think its so cool that they can do this! I hope you can run in the next race! Good Luck Rach!